Monday, May 2, 2011

Our South-Facing View

We have a deck off our living room, overlooking our property as it slopes downward toward a creek. This is a south-facing view. We've always enjoyed sitting out on the deck in the late spring through fall months, reading and listening to music. Now we have the added benefit of being able to see our garden grow!


Our property is located roughly in the middle of San Juan Island, which is in the Northwest corner of Washington State surrounded by the waters of Puget Sound. We are about 8 miles as the crow flies from Victoria, British Columbia. Our weather is different than Seattle's because we are in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains. In the winter we are also affected by weather patterns flowing south down the Fraser River Valley in Canada.

2 comments:

Julie said...

It looks just beautiful you guys. I can';t wait to see it in person in Oct. Julie C

Sweetpea said...

What a FUN blog, Robert and Robin! And I have learned something here already...about the potatoes...and now I am going to copy you. I do veg gardening in raised beds also (they're the best!) but my soil is infested with those little worms that love 'taters, so last year it was no fun at harvest time. Swore that this year I was going to try another method and now, thanks to you, I know what it is!

I'm your first follower...I will enjoy keeping an eye on all you're doing...and I look forward to many future visits here at Rain Barrel. Well done, you two!!

Love from your island neighbor,
Christi